Module ICT1-06 - Communication Systems
Module IT10.6 - Role of Communication Systems looks at the types of
communication systems in everyday use in a modern business that are used to
transfer data between two locations.
The module is split into a number of sections which are intended to be
used for reading prior to attempting the assessment questions provided.
Additional items of research are provided to give background information from
other sources such as books and related Internet sites.
10.6 Role of communications systems
- Explain the use of global communications between single or multiple
sources and recipients, including public networks e.g. Internet.
- Describe the hardware, software and services required to access the
- Describe the facilities offered and the relative merits of:
telephone, fax, e-mail, teleconferencing, viewdata, teletext, remote databases
and other relevant communication systems.
- Explain the use of the Internet for a range of activities including
communication, information searching and information publication.
- Candidates should be aware of the recent developments in the area of
- Role of Communication Systems
- Data Communication Systems
- Data Distribution Systems
| AS Level ICT P. Heathcote
|| Chapter 6 - Role of Communication
|| p24 - p29