Module ICT1-08 - Malpractice and Data Theft
This module examines the types of data theft that can occur and looks at
methods of trying to prevent them from becoming a major issue.
10.8 Information Systems Malpractice And Crime
- Explain the consequences of malpractice and crime on information
- Describe the possible weak points within an information technology
system. Describe the measures that can be taken to protect information
technology systems against internal and external threats.
- Describe the particular issues surrounding access to, and the use of
the Internet; censorship, security, ethics.
- Unauthorised Access (Hacking)
- Publication of illicit Material
- The virus life cycle
- What is a virus?
- Types of virus
- Anti-virus software, Hoaxes and myths
- Virus Quiz
A Level Information Technology
P. M. Heathcote
p44 - p53
Data Protection Registrar: http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk